With the unusual elongation of the 2018/2019 academic session as a result of the strike action that ate deep into the academic year, university of Maiduguri has concluded her 2018/2019 academic session leaving students to wonder whether as usual they will be returning to school immediately as earlier purported. Meanwhile, the University is yet to issue any circular or announcement calling for resumption.
Meanwhile, there has been arguments in some quarters among students that the university will not resume by 15th October while others hold the contrary opinion.
In this report, UNIMAIDGIST’S Correspondent has taken out time to analyse some recent developments that strongly affirm that students might be called back to school any moment from now.
- THE CIRCULAR TO VACATE HOSTEL: The University Management has pleaded with students who are still occupying the university hostels to move out to enable the hostels under their regular (pre-resumption) maintenance. This does not happen except few weeks to resumption of new academic session.
- RELEASE OF REMEDIAL RESULTS: One may be wondering why the Results of the 2018/2019 Remedial students came out so early unlike in previous years when same took 2-3 months to be released. This is serious indication that admission is right underway and it does not happen except if school is resuming really soon.
- EARLY RELEASE OF GST RESULTS: It is barely a fortnight since examinations were concluded but the Division of General Studies has already released all her results leaving students yo wonder what the speed was all about – this is another sign that school is resuming soonest.
- CIRCULAR ON SUBMISSION OF RESULTS: Earlier this week, the University management had made a circular calling all departments and faculties to submit their second semester 2018/2019 academic session’s results to enable preparation of provisional academic statuses for all students. The circular further states that there will be an emergency University Senate meeting where these results will be perused and approved, Unimaidgist strongly suspect that at the same meeting, resumption will also be a top issue of discussion. It is a tradition in Unimaid that prior to resumption of a new academic session, academic statuses will be placed to determine who has qualified to move to the next class and who has not, since this is been talked about now, there is no doubt that the University management is putting up plans for resumption of a new academic session.
- The number five is because you don’t want to resume now, Yes, you!!!!
Kindly share your view in the comment session.